Thursday, January 29, 2015

SBC Sketch Crew

I started out the year like gang busters on Blogging!  Then it all came to a screeching halt on the 9th!  Larry had a gall bladder attack and spent a week in the hospital!  I spent all but one night with him.  On morning #2 I awoke with a sore throat and headed straight to the doctor.  The hospital's greatest number of patients were there for #1 Pneumonia and #2 the Flu!  Even though I had no fever my doctor gave me a round of really high powered antibiotics because of my now living at the hospital.  In the last couple of days I have finally gotten over that bug!  Larry is doing fine and will find out today when his surgeon will schedule his gall bladder surgery.

Just before this all happened I applied for SBC - Scrapbook Challenges Design Team!  Whoop!  I made it!  There are some fantastic creativity flowing in this group of ladies!  It has been a lot of fun getting to know the ladies who are on the team!  So stop by and have some fun with the terrific sketches and challenges Brynn creates!



I love love that I have spent every spare minute at my table this month!  I am still working on the Kathy Orta mini album, Also included are my design team work and Larry's Christmas Present is just about done, the Basic Grey Calendar!

I pulled my Counterfeit Kit Challenge January Kit to create my first two layouts for SBC!  The second layout will be shared on a later post next month.  Sketch #425 was right up my alley and loved working on some older photos!  My show steer my Senior year FFA Project along with a couple of other friends with their steers!  Dirty, Messy, was my theme and I think I hit the nail on the head so to speak.

SBC Sketch # 425



I especially love the Challenges for SBC!  My first mood board challenge and one I truly loved!  The colors and quote remind me of a spring thunderstorm in Central Texas.  I had no photos printed of the multitude of photos I have of spring storms.  I had one printed of a fall storm so colors didn't match.  I really need a photo printer!  Shifted gears and found a photo that seemed to pull me towards the mood board in the colors and eclectic nature of the sculpture and mood board.  I spent about 20 minutes just studying this sculpture!  Some older Heidi Grace papers were perfect!



Now back to my table.....it's calling me!  I am loving all the inspiration!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Well done on making the team!

Virginia said...

ah loving the layouts, hope you are better and that hubby recovers soon. Congrats on getting part in the DT - fab news!

Susanne said...

Well, your life has been busy. I hope you and he are both completely well. Congrats on making the team. These layouts are really nice, and I am especially drawn to the colorful second one.